
Album Details:
Album Title: First Love (첫사랑)
Album Description: The 6th Maxi Single
Artist: After School (애프터스쿨)
Release Date: June 13, 2013
Tracks: 6
My Album/Song Review:
1. "8 Hot Girl" - First, I want to say that I will not rate intro tracks. Okay, I know I'm not the only one who gets pissed whenever an artist/group collaborate with Brave Sound/Brave Brothers. Not all though, some of the songs they produced for collaboration always have their voices popping out as back vocals. I'm also aware that maybe it's because of the "full song rights payment thing" they have within the collaboration contract of the K-artist/s. I'm not sure, but I think if you buy the full rights of the song to Brave Sound, they will give you the song without their annoying deep voices. I don't know. If that's the case, then After School failed to fully purchase the rights of the song. Though, there's a possibility that maybe they really want Brave Brothers introducing them. Maybe... Possibly. Again, I don't know. It's just a guess.
What I hate about it: Like I said, I think it would be better if After School do their own intro not the Brave Brothers. It's After School's album. As an AS Fan (Playboyz), the first time I heard this Track, I got surprised. I'm expecting the voice of the girls. Sad to say, I got trolled by the Brave Brothers.
What I like about it: This Intro Track made the next song sound more presentable. It's a very effective Intro Track, if you're going to ask me. It build ups that vibe their aiming for the next song. It also makes you feel the vibe and gives you the overall ambiance of the album. I also like that even though after school didn't have vocals on it, they used this intro track to dance with and it's pretty nice.
2. "First Love" (첫사랑) - The anticipated After School's Comeback & 6th Maxi Single. Since the day I knew After School and until now, I'm updated and have listened to their full previous albums. This comeback, this is the sexy & laid-back version of After School, I can say that. Unlike the flashy & sexy 5th Maxi Single "Flashback", this one's slow and laid-back.
What I hate about it: That DJ disc scratching sound on the first chorus and the annoying Brave Brothers' voices. Though, after listening to it a million times, those things became unnoticeable.
What I like about it: Besides the things I hate about it, everything sounds good. I like it!
My Track/ Song Rating:
1. "8 Hot Girl" - I will not rate intros. It will not affect overall album rating.
2. "First Love" (첫사랑) - ★★★★★- "Epic! Perfection! I was blown away! Replay!"
3. "Dressing Room" - ★★★- "Not that good, not that bad. It's something~"
4. "Time's Up" - ★★★★- "A very nice song! I can listen to this!"
5. "Love Beat" - ★★★- "Not that good, not that bad. It's something~"
6. "Crying After Putting Makeup On" (화장을 하다 울었어) - ★★★★- "A very nice song! I can listen to this!"
My Overall Album Rating:
(Overall Rating Sum / Number of Tracks/ Songs of Album = Album Rating) 5 + 3 + 4 + 3 + 4 = 19 / 5 = (*5 only because I won't count the title track/ Also I did not rate it/ It will not affect the overall rating)
3.8 out of 5
"Not the best, but still good. I love After School and it's my number 1 K-female group, along with Girls' Generation. I've listened to their previous albums, since. Sad to say, this is not their best album. Still, they'll be my First Love!"
No comments:
Post a Comment