6.16.2013

Sistar - Give It To Me (Album Review)


Album Details:
Album Title: Give It To Me
Album Description: The 2nd Album
Artist: Sistar (씨스타)
Release Date: June 11, 2013
Tracks: 11

My Album/Song Review:
1. "Miss Sistar" (ft. Duble Sidekick, Joohun) - Actually, I'm not surprised with Sistar having the voice of men joining in their album. I have listened to Sistar Albums, since. And having voices other than Sistar's on their album is fine with me. Sistar got this "My Girl/ Ma Girl Aura" for the opposite sex and it's a good thing. I believe they sell on both men and women. For example, unlike on a Sistar Album, I believe a man will find it hard to buy albums of A Pink or SNSD. Maybe, in Korea it's a regular thing; but I'm talking about international fans here. I can imagine a man picking up an Album of Sistar and won't worry about what the cashier will think of him. I can also imagine a man picking up an A Pink album and will worry about what the cashier will think of him... 'til the next 2 days after picking up the album. LOL. That's the only thing I'll say to this, I hope you'll get my point.

2. "Give It To Me" - I will compare this comeback song to Sistar's or Sistar 19's previous comeback songs. Let's be honest, this song is good but it's not that good. Compared to "Alone", Sistar's previous single, This song is better in some ways but it's not that powerful enough. For me, "Ma Boy", "Loving You" or "So Cool", just to name a few, are way better than this song.

What I hate about this: Like I said, it's just not powerful enough in a way that it will not mark compared to previous and epic Sistar songs/ singles. Yes, I'm comparing it to their previous singles. Why? What's the point of coming back, if you're not getting better?

What I like about it: In this song, every member were used wisely and correctly. Everyone was noticed and no one was left behind. Unlike their other songs, I can say this song is NOT Hyorin's song. I know, it's not only me who whenever listens to Sistar songs, feels like it's 90% Hyorin doing the work. In this song, Dasom and Soyou were perfect on verses. Hyorin, as usual, nailed her part. Bora is so bad-ass that I'll give it to her! I'm sorry to say this but without Bora being herself (that bad-ass beautiful chick...) and with her owning her part, this song will suck. She carried this song and balanced it to a bad-ass, sexy song. Of course, Hyorin, Soyou and Dasom did their part too but it's not as bad-ass as Bora's. I'll Give it to them, if you'll ask me! lol.

My Track/ Song Rating:
1. "Miss Sistar" (ft. Duble Sidekick, Joohun) - I will not rate intros. It will not affect overall album rating.
2. "Give It To Me" - ★★★★- "A very nice song! I can listen to this!"
3. "The Way You Make Me Melt" (ft. Geeks) - ★★★- "Not that good, not that bad. It's something~"
4. "Bad Boy" - ★★★★- "A very nice song! I can listen to this!"
5. "Summer Time" - ★★★- "Not that good, not that bad. It's something~"
6. "A Week" - ★★★- "Not that good, not that bad. It's something~"
7. "Crying" - ★★★- "Not that good, not that bad. It's something~"
8. "Hey You" - ★★- "Too weird o-o/ Dragging"
9. "If U Want" - ★★★★- "A very nice song! I can listen to this!"
10. "Up and Down" (Virgin Like Madonna) - ★★★- "Not that good, not that bad. It's something~"
11. "Give It To Me" (Inst.) -  I will not rate instrumentals. It will not affect overall album rating.

My Overall Album Rating:
(Overall Rating Sum / Number of Tracks/ Songs of Album = Album Rating) 4 + 3 + 4 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 4 + 3 = 29 / 9 = (*9 only because I won't count Intro track and Instrumental / Also I did not rate it/ It will not affect the overall rating)
3.2 out of 5
"Not the best, but still good. I love Sistar, I really do. I've listened to their previous albums, since. Sad to say, this is not their best album. Still, I'll Give it to them!"

No comments:

Post a Comment