
Album Details:
Album Title: Trap
Album Description: The 1st Mini Album
Artist: Henry (刘宪华)
Release Date: June 7, 2013
Tracks: 6
My Album/Song Review:
1. "Trap" (featuring Kyuhyun & Taemin) - Actually, I'm not impressed with this single. Let's be honest, for an SMent Artist Carrier Single, this is not that epic compared to SNSD's or Super Junior's carrier singles. I think, SMent production team knows it too. They know that this song and Henry's vocals are not that strong. Also, they are not sure if Henry will sell to people, if he'll go solo. So, It ended by putting Taemin of SHINee and Kyuhun of Super Junior for this project, for assurance. If I'm one of the SMent Team, I would do the same.
6. "I Would" - Fast and reliable review. This song is Daebak! Like Woah! Amazing!
My Track/ Song Rating:
1. "Trap" (featuring Kyuhyun & Taemin) - ★★★★- "A very nice song! I can listen to this!"
2. "1-4-3 (I Love You)" - ★★★- "Not that good, not that bad. It's something~"
3. "My Everything" - ★★★- "Not that good, not that bad. It's something~"
4. "Ready 2 Love" - ★★★- "Not that good, not that bad. It's something~"
5. "Holiday" - ★★★- "Not that good, not that bad. It's something~"
6. "I Would" - ★★★★★- "Epic! Perfection! I was blown away! Replay!"
Album Title: Trap
Album Description: The 1st Mini Album
Artist: Henry (刘宪华)
Release Date: June 7, 2013
Tracks: 6
Actually, I really don't know this Kpop Artist. These are the things I know about him: I know that this is his first Solo Album and Debut. I know that I saw him somewhere before. I think, he's a Super Junior member. I think, he's one of the guys from Super Girl Music Video of Super Junior. I hope I'm right. Anyway, I saw his MV teaser on SMent's Youtube Channel. I'm a subscriber of SMent's Channel and I saw his teaser MV. I thought it was cool, video looks good and the audio teaser sounds promising. Anyway, I listened to the full album and this is my review.
My Album/Song Review:
1. "Trap" (featuring Kyuhyun & Taemin) - Actually, I'm not impressed with this single. Let's be honest, for an SMent Artist Carrier Single, this is not that epic compared to SNSD's or Super Junior's carrier singles. I think, SMent production team knows it too. They know that this song and Henry's vocals are not that strong. Also, they are not sure if Henry will sell to people, if he'll go solo. So, It ended by putting Taemin of SHINee and Kyuhun of Super Junior for this project, for assurance. If I'm one of the SMent Team, I would do the same.
What I hate about this: You know the reason why some Artists were featured for a song? It's because that featured Artist has something to offer vocally (singing or rap). But for this, it's not. I hate they used Taemin & Kyuhyun just for the Music Video purpose. Firstly and musically speaking, this song is not that epic and strong BUT the vocal range suits Henry's vocal very well. If you'll listen to the song, Henry can do the high notes himself. Before I listened to this song, I really I thought Kyuhyun was featured so he'll hit the high notes which Henry can't reach vocally. Sadly, I was damn wrong. Kyuhun is in this project just to show his Godly looks. I also thought Taemin was going to show his rapping skills. Again, I was wrong. I don't also see the need for Taemin on dancing, in this project. I know, Taemin is one of Korea's Best Dancers. But Henry can dance too. It's just somehow disappointing, SMent, Why let him do solo debut, if you're not sure of him doing it SOLO? Whatever the reason is, If I were Henry, I'll feel abused?! HAHA. I'm sorry for this rant. Bottom line is that... There's no need for Kyuhun and Taemin on this song.
What I like about it: I like the song. It's just that it's not that strong enough, for a debut single.
6. "I Would" - Fast and reliable review. This song is Daebak! Like Woah! Amazing!
My Track/ Song Rating:
1. "Trap" (featuring Kyuhyun & Taemin) - ★★★★- "A very nice song! I can listen to this!"
2. "1-4-3 (I Love You)" - ★★★- "Not that good, not that bad. It's something~"
3. "My Everything" - ★★★- "Not that good, not that bad. It's something~"
4. "Ready 2 Love" - ★★★- "Not that good, not that bad. It's something~"
5. "Holiday" - ★★★- "Not that good, not that bad. It's something~"
6. "I Would" - ★★★★★- "Epic! Perfection! I was blown away! Replay!"
My Overall Album Rating:
(Overall Rating Sum / Number of Tracks/ Songs of Album = Album Rating) 4 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 5 = 21/ 6 =
3.5 out of 5
"Not the best, but still good. I wish good luck for Henry's career under Sment. I'll expect improvement, because I know he can. Impress the fans more, next comeback. Fighting!"
(Overall Rating Sum / Number of Tracks/ Songs of Album = Album Rating) 4 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 5 = 21/ 6 =
3.5 out of 5
"Not the best, but still good. I wish good luck for Henry's career under Sment. I'll expect improvement, because I know he can. Impress the fans more, next comeback. Fighting!"
No comments:
Post a Comment