8.26.2013

2PM - Grown (Album Review)


Album Details:
Album Title: Grown
Album Description: The 3rd Album
Artist: 2PM (투피엠)
Release Date: May 6, 2013
Tracks: 12

My Album/Song Review:
1. "A.D.T.O.Y." (하.니.뿐.) (All Day I Think Of You) - I don't need to say much, this song is Daebak! This album is Daebak! Actually, 2PM is not my #1 Male Kpop group, but every time they make a comeback it's definitely better than the last one. Also, 2PM's Album, 01:59PM, is one of my favorite albums out there. I can listen to that album forever. Anyway, this song is a bomb and is so fresh. This song was written by J.Y.P himself along with Taecyeon (If you don't know who is J.Y.P, you're a newbie in Kpop world, for sure). J.Y.P. never failed to write a good song. It has the 2PM feel, it's fresh, it's level up and it's really damn good. For Taecyeon, he also did a good job!

What I hate about it: Nothing!
What I like about it: Eveything! So fresh! A Kpop song at it's finest! Class!

2. "Comeback When You Hear This Song (이노래를 듣고 돌아와)" - In this comeback, they first introduced this song and its music video for 2PM's Grown Album. The song and music video is good. This song is like a breath of fresh air for 2PM, it's a modern, upbeat, progressing pop song feel and it has this classy feeling that makes it more appealing. With this, 2pm just widen their genre and it's very good! Again, J.Y.P. wrote this song along with Taecyeon. J.Y.P, once again, did it like a boss.

What I hate about it: I'm not sure who made the melody of the rap part of Taecyeon but it's not working well for me and as well for the song, if you're going to ask me. The rap didn't really hit the "Killer Rap" mark and for me it affected the song. The rap should have been better, in short.

What I like about it: Other than the rap part, everything about the song is nice. Also, just like 2PM songs, every member were used wisely.

My Track/ Song Rating:
1. "A.D.T.O.Y." (하.니.뿐.) (All Day I Think Of You) - ★★★★★- "Epic! Perfection! I was blown away! Replay!"
2. "Comeback When You Hear This Song (이노래를 듣고 돌아와)" - ★★★★- "A very nice song! I can listen to this!"
3. "Zero Point" (원점으로) - ★★★★- "A very nice song! I can listen to this!"
4. "I'm Sorry" - ★★★★- "A very nice song! I can listen to this!"
5. "The First Date" (오늘부터 1일) - ★★★★- "A very nice song! I can listen to this!"
6. "Dangerous" - ★★★★- "A very nice song! I can listen to this!"
7. "One More Day" (오늘 하루만) - ★★- "Too weird o-o/ Dragging"
8. "Game Over" - ★★★- "Not that good, not that bad. It's something~"
9. "Coming Down" - ★★- "Too weird o-o/ Dragging"
10. "Go Back" (고백) - ★★★- "Not that good, not that bad. It's something~"
11. "Love Song" - ★★- "Too weird o-o/ Dragging"
12. "At Times" - ★★★★- "A very nice song! I can listen to this!"
My Overall Album Rating:
(Overall Rating Sum / Number of Tracks/ Songs of Album = Album Rating) 5 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 4 = 41 / 12 =
3.4 out of 5
"Not the best, but still good. Still, 2PM did a pretty good job on this album and the songs are nice. This is not their best album but we can say that they have Grown!"

No comments:

Post a Comment